Last Updated on September 16, 2020 by infinixarena
Recently there’s an update on iOS 14 of which home screen pages appeared on the front screen of many iPhone devices, Let’s teach you on how to remove iPhone home screen pages on iOS 14.
Now, as long as you’re running iOS 14 or newer, iPhone owners can remove and hide apps as well as pages from the home screen and put things in the App Library.
It is the most noticeable improvement in iOS 14. Widgets can come in three sizes (just like Windows Phone), can be placed in such a way that the other icons and folders are tiled into a clean grid, and are designed very elegantly so far. In contrast, Android widgets sometimes look like they’re lagoon creatures from 2011.
However, to me it is not a radical change in Apple’s simplicity ideology. Until then, we had widgets on iOS, included in the “Today” vertical scrolling view on the left side of your home screen.
You can “box” them in a clever way that allows you to swipe over several widgets. If there is a conceptual change here, it’s because Apple happily provides so many different choices.
Three size fits all. The positioning of widgets on the home screen or in the conventional view of modern devices. The Option to have box is “smart” and the algorithmically surface the most relevant one. All of these are things that would have been antithetical to the old home screen’s ethos of simplicity.
Fortunately, in iOS 14 and later, Apple allows you to hide individual pages of apps from sight. This not only gives your iPhone a tidier look and feel, but it also serves to bring the App Library closer to your initial Home Screen, making it that much easier to access using fewer swipes.
How to Hide iPhone App Pages on the Home Screen
- Step 1: On your iPhone’s home screen, long-press on any app icon or black space and it will reveal the home page editor menu for your device.
- Step 2: Tap on the home screen indicator at the bottom of your device.
- Step 3: It will open the Edit Pages menu.
- Step 4: Here, you will see all the home screen pages in a card-style UI.
- Step 5: By default, all the home screen pages are enabled on your iPhone.
- Step 6: Deselect the pages that you want to remove and hit the Done button at the upper right corner. Note: doing this would remove every pages and widgets on your iOS 14 home screen.
How to stop new apps from appearing on the Home screen
If you’d like to have new downloads only show up in the iPhone App Library and not appear on the home screen or an app page:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone device.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Home Screen option.
- Step 3: From the ‘New App Downloads’ menu, choose App Library only.
There’s also an option to get a notification badge to “Show in App Library” if you’d like to get reminders and a shortcut.
From now on, all the newly installed apps and games will go directly to the App Library menu and you won’t see them on the home screen automatically after you must have removed them with the steps above.
When you re-add the home screens from the ‘Edit Pages’ menu, it will start to appear with the same arrangements of apps, widgets, and icons as it was Before.