The Infinix Hot 10 mobile phone is the direct successor to the Hot 9 released back in March 2020. The Infinix Hot 10 is based on Mediatek Helio G70 CPU, instead of the Helio A25 Chip used in the Nine. It sports a 6.78-inch IPS display with 720 x 1640 pixels and has a tiny punch-hole atop, similar to its predecessor.
Infinix Hot 10 Key Specs and Features
- 6.78-inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1640 Pixels (264 PPI)
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G70 (12 nm)
- Android 10.0; XOS 6.0
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB Built-in Storage, with SD-Card Support up to 512GB
- 16MP + 2MP + 2MP + AI Quad Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear Mounted)
- 5200 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The chassis design of the Infinix Hot 10 isn’t far fetched from what we got on the Infinix Hot 9 which was released earlier this year.
It could easily be said that it offers a bit more refined design. Both the front and rear panels bear a very similar setup with some refinements.
On the rear, we have the same setup, with a slight difference in the camera module, which is a shorter square, and as such the cameras are a bit more jampacked compared to what we had on the previous model. What’s more, the setup also bears resemblance to that of the Infinix Smart 5.
Upfront, Infinix reserved the same hole punch display layout, with a bigger display. The display went from being 6.6-inch to being 6.78 on the Hot 9. It also retains an IPS panel but with a screen resolution of 720 x 1640 Pixels and a density of 264 PPI.
To complete the topic on its aesthetics, enthusiasts have three options for color variants. These options include Obsidian Black, Amber Red, Moonlight Jade, Ocean Wave.
The cameras didn’t really change much from what we had on the hot 9. The camera setups is pretty much the same on the rear and upfront.
The rear camera setup on the Infinix Hot q0 comprises of a 16MP primary camera, a 2MP macro camera, a 2MP depth camera and an Ai camera. This setup is capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Selfies are manned a single 8MP camera which is supported by a dual front flash setup.
Hardware and Software
The Infinix Hot 10 takes a leap forward, to featuring the most powerful hardware on any smartphone to have been released in Infinix’s Hot series, which is majorly thanks to its processor.
Powering the Hot 10 is an Octa-core Meditek Helio G70 processor, which is the same processor featured on the Infinix Note 7. This processor is a more premium processor, in comparison to the Helio A25 processor we had on the Hot 9.
The other performance facilitators include 3GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 5200mAh battery, which is by 200mAh bigger than what we got on the Hot 9.
On the software side, we have got the XOS 6.0 user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Infinix Hot 10 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a Micro-USB port, wifi, Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity on the Infinix Hot 10 is capped at 4G LTE. which means downloads and streaming will be capped at 4G speeds.
Infinix Hot 10 Price and Availability
The Price of the Infinix Hot 10 wasn’t known as at the time this article was written, the price will be updated once it is made known.
However, the Infinix Hot 10 was announced on the 17th of September and is expected to be available for sale later in September 2020
Infinix Hot 10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Hot 10:
- Platform: Android 10, XOS 6.0
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G70 (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 2EEMC2
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Obsidian Black, Amber Red, Moonlight Jade, Ocean Wave
- Dimension: 171.1 x 77.6 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 195 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.78-inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1640 pixels, 264 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Wide) + 2MP (Macro) + 2MP (Depth) + AI
- Rear Camera Features: Dual Flash, HDR, Panorama 1080P@30FPS
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, 1080p @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2/B3/B5/B8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1/B5/B8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO:
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Micro USB 5 Pin
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: MP3,MIDI,AMR,WAV, MIDI,MP3
- Video Player: 3GP,MP4,AVI
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5200mAh Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: up to 36 Hours
- Standby Time: up to 38Days
- Fast Charging: –