Last Updated on September 16, 2020 by infinixarena
You can actually unarchive the archived messages in your Facebook inbox. What this means is that most times, we wish to free up spaces in our inbox at the same time we don’t want to delete the messages.
The only way to achieve this is to unarchive the already archived messages.
Without further ado, in this article, I will elucidate and walk you by hand on the steps and procedures to unarchive the archived messages on your Facebook account. Not only that but In fact, I will also give guidelines on how you can restore all long time deleted Facebook messages in a blink of an eye.
How to archive messages on Facebook
1. Open Facebook Messenger in your preferred desktop browser on your PC or Mac computer.
2. Navigate to the thread you want to archive.
3. Tap the ellipsis symbol, which will appear when you highlight a message and select “Archive.”
How to view Archive Messages on Facebook
- Navigate to ‘Messages.’
- Click on the “More” button and then on the Archived button you see above all the conversations.
- Enter the Archive.
- Select the conversation you want to read. You can either read the message in the archive or restore it to your inbox.
How to Unarchive Messages on Facebook
1. Click the gear icon in the Facebook Messenger window.
2. Select “Archived Chats.”
3. Go to the chat, and respond or react to the thread, instantly undoing the archive action and moving the messages back to your primary inbox.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
Without beating around the bush, you can’t retrieve the Facebook message or chat if you have deleted it already. However, there are applications that can get this done.
Download GT Recovery for Android from the official website: http://www.gtrecovery.net/:
Install and open it, if your device has not been rooted, GT will remind you to root device at first:
If your device has been rooted but you rejected GT’s application for superuser rights, GT will remind you:
Once the superuser rights is obtained successfully, the home view will be shown. Click “Recover Messenger” on homepage:
GT Recovery will start to check messenger installation automatically. After that Click “Scan Deleted Chats” to start new scan.
Step 5The messages that can be found will be shown in the list, you can stop the process any time you want:
After scanning, you can choose the messages you need. Doesn’t find message you want ? Click “Restart scan” :
According to Facebook, When you delete something, it could be forever – especially when it concerns your Facebook messages. Yet do not give way to despair. Before anything is deleted permanently, Facebook will always ask you if you really want to do it. In the menu that appears you’ll have to choose Delete to remove the message.
Use the Facebook option for archiving data to reduce the chances of facing a problem with lost chats.
If you have any other questions about restoring Facebook messages just post a comment here and we will soon answer it.