The Facebook dark mode is no longer a set-aside feature for Facebook users as every user can now enable the night mode on Facebook easily. It is left to users if they want to enable this feature or not and also you can revert back to white mode at any time.
Dark mode is popularly preferred among many people for several reasons. For starters, it consumes less battery because displaying darker pixels on an LED screen takes far less power than displaying white ones.
There are also those who find that it is less straining on the eyes, and many believe that the reduced blue light helps them sleep better — although the jury is still out on the science behind that.
On the heels of dark mode’s rise across platforms and devices, Facebook is poised to join these ranks. Initially, they released a beta test for a small group of test users who will give feedbacks for necessary adjustments before it is finally deployed.
How to enable Facebook’s dark mode setting on an iPhone
- In the Facebook app, tap the hamburger menu in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down and select “Settings and Privacy.”
- In the expanded menu, if you have the beta test available, you will see the Dark Mode option. Select it to enable the feature.
How to enable Facebook’s dark mode setting on an Android
1. In the Facebook app, tap the hamburger menu in the top right.
2. Scroll down and select “Settings and Privacy.”
3. In the expanded menu, if you have the beta test available, you will see the Dark Mode option. Select it to enable the feature.
How to enable Facebook’s dark mode setting on a computer
1. Go to Facebook.com and log in. https://7bc225cccf114c7c7edecb2111d0c20e.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html?n=0
2. In the top right corner, select the down arrow icon.
3. In the dropdown menu that appears, you’ll see an option labeled “Switch to New Facebook.” Click it.
4. Once you’ve navigated over to the latest version of Facebook, select the down arrow menu again.
5. Click the toggle next to the Dark Mode option that appears in the account settings dropdown menu.
6. If it’s enabled, the toggle will turn blue, and your Facebook background will go dark.
The Dark Mode puts much less strain on the eye, plus it undoubtedly looks cool. Stay tuned and turn on the Facebook Dark Mode on every device that you own that supports it at the moment. There’s no need to wait for it. The feature is available on Messenger and Facebook within your browser right now.