The iPhone SE has finally made its official appearance, confirming most of the earlier speculations.
Apple skipped the iPhone 9 to produce iPhone X, iPhone Xs and iPhone XS Max. Apple further went ahead to launch iPhone 11 in 2019. iPhone SE 2020 has now been launch. iPhone SE is the iPhone 9 we thought Apple was going to release this year.
The release of the first iPhone SE was geared towards having an iPhone that meets the needs of people with a low budget. The iPhone SE 2020 continues that trend while offering better design and a more powerful hardware. Here we explore its specs and price, which will, in turn, help you make your purchase decision.
iPhone SE 2020 Key Specifications.
- 4.7-inch Retina IPS LCD, 750 x 1334 pixels, (326 PPI)
- Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
- iOS 13
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 12MP Rear Cameras
- 7MP Front Camera
- Non-removable 1821 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Fast Battery Charging (18W)
- Qi Wireless Charging
Design And Display.
The design of the iPhone SE is reminiscent of that of the iPhone 5S. It brings back that compact construction for a device that can fit easily into your shirt pocket.
The body is fashioned out of bead-blasted aluminium which has a satin feel to it.
The iPhone SE comes with a stainless steel logo whose colour is matched to the body. It has matte-chamfered edges and flaunts a svelte profile at 7.6 millimetres.
The Chassis on this iPhone features glass on the front, glass on the rear and an Aluminium frame. To make things even much better, you have got an IP67 rating for dust and water resistance.
Nestled in the front panel of the iPhone SE 2020 is a 4.7-inch Retina IPS LCD, which is 7-inch bigger than that of its predecessor. Surrounding this display are elements that have become a bit nostalgic.
Touch ID Returns
There are big bezels on the top and bottom of the display. The top bezel houses an earpiece, a front-facing camera, and some sensors, while the bottom bezel houses its home button which doubles as its Touch-ID sensor.
On the rear, you have got a single rear camera system featuring a camera flash. You have got also got the Apple logo and some model details.
Hardware and Software.
The iPhone SE is powered by the advanced A13 chip which runs the show on the iPhone 6S.
Despite being a low-budget iPhone, the iPhone SE 2020 picks up some features from the flagship line. It features the same Apple A13 Bionic chip on the iPhone 11.
The 4-incher has a Touch ID fingerprint sensor integrated into its Home button, with this offering support for Apple Pay.
On the Softwares side, the iPhone SE 2020 runs the iOS 13, which is the same OS run on the iPhone 11 Pro.
In terms of its cameras, the iPhone SE is designed to enable similar image-capturing capability as the bigger iPhone 6S.
iPhone SE rocks the same 12-megapixel iSight rear camera that delivers highly-detailed shots and is able to record stunning 4K videos.
You get a FaceTime HD camera on the front for selfies, with the Retina display serving as flash.
The iPhone SE 2020 features a Lightning port, dual-band Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC. Please note that it doesn’t feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. To listen to audio, you will need to employ a USB-C or Bluetooth headphone.
Internet connectivity on the iPhone SE 2020 is capped at 4G LTE because it doesn’t feature 5G support.
iPhone SE 2020 Price.
The Price of the iPhone SE 2020 starts around $399 for the 64GB variant, which is about 154,213 Naira, 42,453 Kenyan Shillings and 2,314 Ghana Cedi.
The 128GB model of the iPhone SE 2020 will go on sale for a price around $449, while the 256GB variant will be on sale for a price around $549.
The iPhone SE 2020 was announced on April 15th, 2020 and is launched in April 24th, 2020. It comes in Black, White, Red.
IPhone SE 2020 Specs.
Below is the official iPhone SE (9) 2020 full specifications, features and review.
- Announced: 16 April 2020
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. Release, 24 April 2020
- Dimension: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 148 g
- Build: Glass front, aluminum frame, glass back
- Color: Rust Red, Moss Green
- SIM: Nano-SIM &/or eSIM
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- IP67 water/dust resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Type: Retina IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 4.7-inches, (65.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Multi-Touch: Yes, up to 10 fingers
- Pixels Density: 326 PPL pixel density
- Colour: 16 million
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Wide color gamut
- 625 nits max brightness
- Technology: LTE, HSPA, GSM
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 11(1500), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 21(1500), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 42(3500), 46(5200), 48, 66(1700/2100)
- 3G Bands: WCDMA 850/900/1700(AWS)/1900/2100
- 2G Bands: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Memory: 64GB/128GB/256GB
- External Memory: No
- OS: iOS 13
- Chipset: Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
- CPU: Hexa-core (2×2.65 GHz Lightning) & (4×1.8 GHz Thunder)
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- Single: ( 12-megapixel, f/1.8, (wide)
- Features: Video, Pictures, Dual-LED dual-tone, HDR
- Videos: Stereo sound rec, HDR, OIS, [email protected]/60/120/240fps, [email protected]/30/60fps
- Single: 7-megapixel, f/2.2
- Features: Video, Picture, Panorama, Face detection, HDR
- Videos: gyro-EIS, [email protected]
- Type: Non-removable
- Capacity: 1821mAh Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W, 50% in 30 min
- Qi Wireless charging: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- Proximity: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Gyro: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (front-mounted)
- WIFI: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Hotspot, dual-band
- NFC: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- USB: 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP, LE